The blacklistLast target: Laverne Cox.
The Orange is the new black veterinarian will star in the March 12 episode as Dr. Laken Perillos, a sadistic interrogator who tortures his victims through unorthodox methods, TVInsider reports. According to the character’s description, “an act of injustice in her past fuels her fascination with pain and how racial prejudice can affect the ability to recognize the suffering of others.
When Townsend deploys Dr. Laken Perillos, Red and Dembe find themselves in danger.
Ready for more of today’s topical nuggets? Good…
* Jimmy Kimmel Live: Coronaversary Show airs Thursday, March 11 at 11:35/10: 35c on ABC. The special episode will feature guests Joel McHale and US Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg, along with a musical performance by Adam Duritz.
* ThreadDavid Simon and George Pelecanos to write and produce HBO’s limited series We own this town, based on the true story of the Baltimore Gun Trace Task Force, our sister site Variety reports.
* Ronny Chieng (The daily show) will recur in the next Disney + movie Doogie howser to restart Doogie Kamealoha, MD as a heart surgeon who puts young Doogie to the test, by Deadline.
* Jeanne Tripplehorn (Great love) joined Chris Pratt, Constance Wu, and Taylor Kitsch in Amazon Prime’s conspiracy thriller series The list of terminals, playing the first female Secretary of Defense, by Deadline.
* Apple TV + has renewed RJ Cutler’s docuseries Dear… for a second season that will feature Viola Davis, Jane Fonda, Selena Gomez, Ava DuVernay, Billy Porter, Sandra Oh and others.
Which of today’s TVLine elements are you interested in?