Godzilla vs. Kong remains the king of our domestic box office update
Godzilla vs. Kong topped the box office for a third consecutive weekend, raising $ 7.7 million (-44%) for a national total of $ 80 million. Through Deadline, the film also continues to generate gigantic business overseas, where it added $ 12.2 million to bring its world total to a colossal (by pandemic standards) of $ 390 million, including $ 177 million. dollars come from China.
RELATED: IMAX Update | Detective Conan: The Scarlet Bullet opens in force in Japan
The film is currently airing on HBO Max for an additional two weeks, after which it will premiere exclusively in theaters for another month.
Otherwise, it was another fairly quiet weekend at the domestic box office with just one new release, In the ground, opening with $ 506K of 547 theaters.
Internationally, Toho’s Detective Conan: The Scarlet Bullet opened in Japan and China, with a handful of smaller markets, and raised $ 35-38 million. On IMAX, the 24th film in the popular animated franchise raises $ 1.2 million across 38 screens, making it the third-best start of the pandemic era on the widescreen format.
RELATED: Godzilla Vs Kong Director: You Kind Of Made Three Movies & Pick The Best
WB Mortal combat, which was due for release on April 16 in the United States before the studio moves it to April 23, has raised $ 5.7 million on 6,128 screens in 28 offshore markets, raising its international cume to $ 19.2 million .
To finish, Peter Rabbit 2: The Fugue has earned an additional $ 2.2 million in Australia, where it has grossed $ 13.5 million to date. In total, the family film grossed $ 14.7 million worldwide.
TOP 10 OFFICE BOX
1) Godzilla vs Kong (WB / Leg) 3,100 theaters (-83) / Fri $ 2.1M / Sat $ 3.6M / Sun $ 2M / 3 days $ 7.7M (-44%) / Total : $ 80.5 M / Week 3
2) Person (Uni) 2405 theaters (+5) Fri $ 730K / Sat $ 1.1M / Sun $ 690K / 3 days: $ 2.52M (-5%) / Total $ 19.05M / Week 4
3) The Unholy (Sony) 2057 theaters (+207) // Fri $ 601K / Sat $ 902M / Sun $ 557K / $ 2.06M (-14%) / Total: $ 9.56M / Week 3
4) Raya and the Last Dragon (Dis) 1,945 theaters (+4), Fri 471 K $ / Sat 885 K $ / Sun 544 K $ / 3 days: 1.9 M $ (-14%), Total: 37 , $ 6 M / week 7
5) Tom & Jerry (WB) 2028 theaters (-52), 3 days: $ 1.09M (-10%) / Total: $ 42.5M / week 8
6) Voyagers (LG / AGC) 1996 theaters (+24) Fri $ 250K / Sat $ 338K / Sun $ 202K / 3 days: $ 790K (-43%) / Total: $ 2.55M / Week 2
7) The girl who believes in miracles (Atlas) 1012 cinemas (+112) Fri $ 155K / Sat $ 244K / Sun $ 162K / 3 days $ 561K (pair) / Total: $ 1.8M / Week 3
8) In the Earth (NEON) 547 theaters, / Fri 205 K $ / Sat 185 K $ / Sun 116 K $ / 3 days: 506 K $ / week 1
9) The Courier (RSA) 922 theaters (-85), / Fri $ 146.7K / Sat $ 197.5K / Sun $ 118.5K / 3 days: $ 462.8K (+ 6%) / Total: $ 5.4M / Week 5
10) Croods: A New Age (Uni) 1169 theaters (+30), Fri $ 65K / Sat $ 150K / Sun $ 95K / 3 days: $ 310K (+ 27%) / Total: 57.1M $ / Week 21