Hilary Swank gets into the reporting game: The Oscar-winning actress will play a reporter in an untitled ABC pilot drama written and directed by Tom McCarthy (The loudest voice, the station agent), TVLine has learned.
Swank’s character “moves to Alaska for a fresh start after a career-killing misstep, and finds redemption personally and professionally by joining a daily subway newspaper in Anchorage,” the official synopsis read.
Swank – whose TV credits include Wake up, trust and Beverly Hills, 90210 – will also serve as executive producer on the project alongside McCarthy.
Ready for more of today’s topical nuggets? Well…
* Hayley Atwell (Agent Carter) will voice Lara Croft in the Netflix anime Grave robber series, our sister site Variety reports.
* Audra McDonald will host the 74th Annual Tony Awards, broadcast live exclusively on Paramount + on Sunday, September 26 at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT. Meanwhile, Leslie Odom, Jr. will host the concert live. The Present of the Tony Awards: Broadway Returns, airs at 9 p.m. ET / PT on CBS that same night.
* Josh Sasse (Galavant) joined Fox’s mid-season drama Monarch as the charming but insecure son of country music legends Dottie and Albie Roman (played by Susan Sarandon and Trace Adkins), our sister site Deadline reports.
* The Adult Swim animated series Final space was canceled after three seasons, series creator Olan Rogers announced in a video to fans Friday.
* Patrick J. Adams (Suit) will recur in Amazon Prime A league apart series as the husband of the character of Abbi Jacobson, by Deadline.
* Netflix has released a teaser for Pollock in black and white, a limited series on “Colin Kaepernick’s Maturity Story, Tackling Race, Class and Cultural Barriers as a Black Foster Child of a White Family”. The show will launch on Friday, October 29.
* Netflix has released the trailer for its sitcom directed by Emily Osment / Gregg Sulkin Pretty smart, premiering on Friday October 8:
Which of today’s TVLine articles are you interested in?