WarnerMedia Kids & Family has revealed the voice cast for the upcoming Warner Bros. animated series. Bat wheels. Ethan Hawke (The good Lord bird) like Batman and Jacob Bertrand (Cobra Kai) as Bam the Batmobile leads the cast of the preschool action-adventure animated series featuring the most heroic and iconic vehicles in the DC Universe.
RELATED: Aquaman: King of Atlantis Trailer Teases James Wan’s HBO Max Miniseries
The announcement was made by Bertrand and his castmates at a special virtual event celebrating the launch of Cartoonito, WarnerMedia Kids & Family’s new preschool programming block available on HBO Max and Cartoon Network. He was also joined by Batwheels castmate AJ Hudson (The right place) who plays the character of Duke Thomas, the first black character to don the Robin “R” in the pages of DC Comics. Bat wheels represents the first on-screen representation of the character.
Main characters and voice cast include:
The Batwheels team
- Jacob Bertrand (Cobra Kai) as Bam – The Batmobile and leader of the Batwheels team. Like his hero Batman, Bam has a strong sense of justice and does his best to lead the team, though he’s not always sure he’s up to the task. Ultimately, the other Batwheels know they can count on him, both as a great teammate and as a friend.
- Jordan Reed (Chuggington) like Redbird – Robin’s zippy sports car. “Red” is the team’s little brother, always keen to prove he’s a worthy sidekick of Bam, but he can certainly hold up on a mission. He’s enthusiastic and extremely curious, asking tons of questions, like a young detective.
- Madigan Kacmar (Chuggington) as Bibi – the brave and daring Batgirl motorcycle. She’s the fastest of the Batwheels, but also the smallest, so sometimes she’s used to being impulsive and jumping straight into the action without a plan.
- Noah Bentley (Elliott of Earth) as Buff – This bat-style monster truck is the muscle of the team and can cross or clear any obstacle in its path, but he’s also the heart of the team – a gentle giant who doesn’t really know his own strength.
- Lilimar (Cleopatra in space) like Batwing – Batman’s supersonic jet plane, “Wing” is by far the most sophisticated and confident member of the team.
- Kimberly D. Brooks (DC Super Hero Girls) as the Batcomputer – She is the supervisor, dispatcher and trainer of the team – but most importantly, she is also their mother figure. In addition to training and counseling them, she should be there to comfort them and even hold their mechanical hands when needed.
- Mick Wingert (What if?) as Moe – Batman’s robot repairman who makes it easy to repair and maintain his fleet of vehicles. He’s a well-equipped and highly efficient mechanic who can fix almost any vehicle problem, but not without a fair amount of sarcasm.
The bat family
- Ethan Hawke (The good Lord bird) as Batman – Gotham City’s greatest protector who protects the streets from all threats. Even though Batman does not communicate directly with the Batwheels, he acts as a father figure. They absolutely seek his approval and trust as they fight alongside him. Ethan
- AJ Hudson (The right place) as Duke Thomas / Robin – The Boy Wonder who enjoys delving into a great detective mystery as he strives to prove himself alongside Batman.
- Lea Lewis (Nancy drew) as Cassandra Cain / Batgirl – The first Asian-American Batgirl first introduced in the comics. In Batwheels, Cassandra is the “big sister”, tech-savvy daredevil of the Bat-Family. She loves riding the streets of Gotham City on her motorbike and always wants to be in the center of the action.
- Additional cast and characters will be announced at a later date.
The official synopsis reads: “They are a team of incredible crime fighters who have come together to stand up against evil, fight crime and clean the streets of Gotham City. They are… okay, they are NOT Batman and Robin. These are the Batwheels – an impressive group of overpowered and sentient crime-fighting vehicles defending Gotham City alongside Batman, Robin, Batgirl and a host of DC Super Heroes.
“Coming from being created by the Batcomputer, our heroes are basically children with little to no life experience. Led by Bam (The Batmobile), the Batwheels – Bibi (The Batgirl Cycle), Redbird (Robin’s Sports Car), The Batwing and Buff (The Bat Truck) – must overcome the growing challenges of being a newly formed super team as well as the growing pains that come with just being a child. This relatable and ambitious series will follow the journey of this dynamic team as they thrill and entertain with their heroic adventures, while demonstrating to children the value of self-confidence, friendship and teamwork.
RELATED: Yabba-Dabba Dinosaur Trailer Brings a New Generation to the Flintstones World
Bat wheels is produced by Warner Bros. Animation. Register (Looney Tunes Cartoons) serves as executive producer. Michael G. Stern (Doc McStuffins) is the co-executive producer, Simon J. Smith (Baymax Dreams) is supervising producer and Steven Fink of Bang Zoom Ltd. is a producer.